Thursday 23 April 2009

QPR Story: Cameroon World Cup 2010

Hello all! After my brilliant escape from relegation on the last day of the season, it is now time to switch over to my World Cup with Cameroon. I mentioned being appointed as manager of them back in April, and now I have to guide them successfully to the second round of the World Cup. With the low quality players that they have, this shall not be easy, but I will persevere! Here are the results for Cameroon's 2010 World Cup campaign:





A fantastic run to the final of the World Cup, where we lost against Italy 2-0. We rode our luck for most of the campaign, and realistically should not have even got out of our group, with Poland and England destroying us for most of the game. Some good goals from Eyong Enoh (4) and Samuel Eto'o (3) helped us to the final, and a sturdy defence after the Poland game assisted us massively. The best game in our campaign was the Brazil match, with flowing end to end football being the order of the day, and some brilliant goals were scored. Czech Republic was much harder, and only a 117th minute penalty by Andre Bikey got us through to the Semi Final. Spain was undeserved, Enoh scoring an offside goal and Eto'o slotting a penalty, with Fernando Torres scoring, and hitting the post 4 times. They also had 2 (!) offside goals, one of them which was a very dubious decision. But I wasn't complaining; we were in the Final! Against Italy, our luck ran out and 2 brilliant long range goals from Antonio Cassano knocked us out, and left us with a runners up medal. This was perfectly fine for me, and I resigned as manager of Cameroon the next day. We had a great campaign and now it was time to end it; I simply could not do both jobs, especially with a very weak Cameroon team.

Anyway, season 3 of my QPR story coming up, if I consolidate my position in the Premier League, maybe I shall resign and go abroad? Villareal, Valencia, Athletico Madrid, Roma or Florentina would be my favoured picks, but I shall mull over this decision until the end of the season. Who knows, maybe it will backfire on me and I shall have to manage a Championship team again? I sure hope not! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment