Wednesday 15 April 2009

Queens Park Rangers Story: December

December is here! Finally the dreaded November was passed, and I was looking forward to turning over a new leaf. I conteplated resigning from QPR for a while but I saw our fixture list for December, and said to myself that if this month was like November, I would resign. What actually happened, I could never have predicted. These are the 7 results from the month of December:

Bristol City 1-2 Queens Park Rangers (LC 1/4 Final)
Queens Park Rangers 4-1 Plymouth (CCC)
Wolverhampton 3-1 Queens Park Rangers (CCC)
Queens Park Rangers 2-0 Cardiff City (CCC)
Queens Park Rangers 2-1 Crystal Palace (CCC)
Coventry City 2-3 Queens Park Rangers (CCC)
Queens Park Rangers 1-0 Bristol City (CCC)

1 defeat away from home to Wolves, but 6 out of 7 wins! We won in the League Cup quarter final to set up a Semi Final clash with Bolton Wanderers over 2 legs, which has far surpassed the boards expectations for the league cup, with them wanting us to reach the 3rd round! A Sheffield United-esque performance (see November) followed at home to Plymouth, with Kevin Doyle scoring a brace to get him back on form. He went on to score 2 goals in 5, pretty disappointing but 4 in 7 isn't that bad considering his woeful form in November. Sebastian Abreu took over the top scorer role in the squad though, scoring an impressive 6 in 7 to get his tally for all compititions to 12, 1 ahead of Kevin Doyle. He scored 11 of those in the Championship, while Doyle scored only 9 of his in the Championship. The best thing was that Abreu got into the Championship top-scorers list, as well as topping our own. He is now joint 5th with Bradley Wright Phillips of Southampton, 9 goals behind top marksman Brian Harrison. I have now got high hopes for the rest of the season!

Also, just a side note, I have agreed a deal for a wonderkid defender from Argentina, Franco Zuculini, to join us for £450k. My scout report says that he has the potential to become a leading Premier League defender! He is just 18 now but has very good attributes, making it a hard decision for who to pick for my central defence. Glauber Berti has been a revelation since he has joined, Martin Taylor has been a solid, reliable defender, and young defender Matthew Connolly has displaced Taylor due to his fantastic performances. I may send Zuculini out on loan, or maybe move Taylor to right back permenantly? I shall think about this by the end of January. Hopefully I can get a few more bargain signings! Thank you for reading, January coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment